(One day face-to-face training)
This course is ideal for HR or Learning and Development professionals who wish to be trained in the administration and scoring of aptitude tests. Those who obtain this qualification must work under the supervision of a competent Test Users.
WHY SHOULD I ATTEND?
- Supports your organisation in achieving objective and efficient selection, matching the right person to the right role
- Enables you to support a registered test user.
- Supports your personal career development, making you eligible to register as an Assistant Test User with the BPS.
Psychometric testing is widely recognised as one of the most effective ways to ensure the right individuals are matched to the right job. Qualified Test Administrators play an essential role in that process and help ensure best practice.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the principles of test administration and scoring
- Be able to conduct a proficient assessment administration session
- Be able to plan testing programmes
- Understand how to adjust the assessment administration process where
necessary to accommodate candidates with disabilities
No one knows more about helping organisations find and develop the right talent. Our training
- focuses on business results
- helps you embed objective assessment in your organisation
- equips you to measure individual potential fairly and accurately
This course is the first step in a series of courses delivered by CEB providing learners with the understanding of and core basic skills in relation to the administration of personality assessments and ability tests. Hands-on experience includes the practical administration of an ability test to the other members of the group with feedback from the course tutor. The course can also be delivered in-house and tailored to your specific business requirements.
DEFINE, MEASURE, REALISE
- How should I be using psychometric tests?
- The Benefits of Testing
HISTORY OF TESTING
- General History of Testing
- Types of Psychometric Test
- Types of Intelligence
- The Effect of the Environment
- How can we collect the information we need?
- How can I select the most appropriate tests?
- How can I know that a test is sound?
- How can I ensure that the tests are fair?
- EXERCISE – TEST CHOICE
RELIABLITY AND VALIDITY
- Statistical Significance
TEST ADMINISTRATION OPTIONS
- What is the best way to test candidates?
- Test Administration Best Practice
- Sample invitation to a testing session
TEST ADMININISTRATION & SCORING
- Administration Instructions
- Scoring Tests
- EXERCISE – PAPER & PENCIL ADMINISTRATION
SCORING SYSTEMS AND NORM GROUPS
- How can I meaningfully interpret the test score?
- How do I decide which norm group to use?
- How to use Norm tables
- Scoring Systems
- Norm group methodologies
- What scoring Formats are used in psychometric assessment?
- How are psychometric assessments interpreted?
- How accurate are the test scores?
- EXERCISE – THE RELIABILITY OF A SCORE DIFFERENCE FOR AN INDIVIDUAL ON TWO TESTS